striping libraries (was Re: debstd strips static libraries?)

'Herbert Xu wrote:'
>Klee Dienes wrote:
>> Package: debmake
>> Version: 3.2.2
>> Probably both lines 388 and 408 of /usr/bin/debmake should be changed
>> to use '--strip-debug', as '--strip-debug' is the only thing that
>> seems to leave enough information around for linking against the library.
>It should strip dynamic libraries with --strip-unneeded and static ones with

Should policy be changed accordingly?  Right now I believe it says to
--strip-unneeded on both?

Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com, cjf@onit.net     |  Design Science Revolutionary
http://www.netaxs.com/~cjf       |  Explorer in Universe
ftp://ftp.netaxs.com/people/cjf  |  "Dare to be Naive" -- Bucky Fuller