Re: ftp.debian.org files that could/should be moved

>I finally had a look at part of the ftp archive and found several
>packages that I think should be moved.

Just some comments, all IMHO:

>devel/gmp_1.3.2-8.deb                   ->     math?

Not sure about this one, but the bulk of thinks I've used GMP for
weren't really math (crypt mostly) and it finds a lot of use that is
more general than math.  But I guess it is as good a place as any.

>editors/xwpe_1.4.2-1.deb                ->     devel?

It's an editor, and quite useful even form non-code.  I'd leave it in
editors.

>net/ppp_2.2.0f-23.deb                   ->     comm?
>net/diald_0.16-6.deb                    ->     comm?

I think these should stay in net, since they have more to do with
networking software (by providing a transport mechanism) than they do
with comm programs.

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
bofh@bofh.me.umn.edu			University of MN, ME Dept