Re: GNU libc

On Feb 26, Michael Meskes wrote
> > If you mean the locale data files, as opposed to the locele utilities,
> > then either wg15-locale or glibc locales can probably be used.  Glibc
> > provided them so I packaged them.  This is all experimental at the
> > moment, remember.  I'm in no position to know which one is better.
>
> But that's exactly the problem. I tried installing the locale data files
> after purging wg15-locale. But then neither perl nor tcsh (I didn't try
> other) were able to load my locale correctly. If I keep wg15-locale in all
> is fine.
> And not just that. In the former de_DE is a directory. In the latter it's a
> file.

Michael, would you please bring these issues up on the linux-gcc
mailing list?  Considering my ignorance regarding locale support, I
don't know if I would even ask the right questions.

> Also David, locales does conflict and replace with localebin, but only
> conflict with wg15-locale. Is that what you wanted?

Please check your .deb file again.  Mine conflicts with both localebin
and wg15-locale.

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road