Re: New source format repackaging: Status. [LONG]

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:

> While a few issues still need to be resolved, I'm using the shadow packages
> with no major problems for quite some time now (I had to hack adduser a little
> but that's all) and I haven't seen any reports of serious bugs yet.  (I'm not
> saying that there are _no_ bugs - but the only way to tell is to move these
> packages to a more visible place...)

Me too. Could you send me your hack for adduser (private email) please
(maybe it should be in the shadow docs, or in adduser)?

> Also, once the shadow packages are in the new source format, I can add the
> Debian packaging files to the upstream source (maintained by me).  But I'm
> not yet familiar enough with the new standards to do the conversion myself.

I can do this - I'll upload the new version into unstable.

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk>			http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP ID 87D4D065, fingerprint 2A 66 86 9D 02 4D A6 1E  B8 A2 17 9D 4F 9B 89 D6