Re: Should wg15 be splitted?

Santiago Vila Doncel <sanvila@unex.es> wrote:
>This does not mean I like the idea of allowing Debian maintainers to
>change messages of GNU i18n programs...
>
>In the meantime, it would be good to add something to the policy manuals
>saying something like: "If you have to change a message given by a GNU
>i18n program, please, think of it twice, because we would have to change
>also the translations, and we do not currently have a right procedure to
>do that".
  I don't think the idea of having a party as a representative toward the
GNU translation a bad idea...

  But tying the hands of the maintainer is... a certain path for the
maintainer to follow, concerning help text changes would be ok, I think.
Like reporting to a party... "I'd like to add this help text, or change
this help text here..."... that party could in turn, point exactly which
part of the translations should be changed as well (as we're probably just
talking about file references etc.).

  As Galen did, I'd consider that examplary...