Request official mandate for -D_REENTRANT

[Brian: I think that this change, and the fact that we now have
LinuxThread libraries (libpthread) would settle the threading issue I
borught up in your release goals doc.]

I don't know if this can be done for the 1.3 release, but can we now
make it official policy that all packges providing libraries compile
those libraries with -D_REENTRANT?

This is absolutely necessary if any of those libraries are to be
linked against by threaded programs, and shouldn't have any
substantial impact on non-threaded applications.  As it stands libc5
is already compiled this way, and I believe the X packages will soon
follow suit.

Right now anyone who wants to run threaded programs has to recompile
all the relevant library packages themselves.

Thanks
--
Rob