Re: Request official mandate for -D_REENTRANT

Rob Browning <osiris@cs.utexas.edu> writes:
> This is absolutely necessary if any of those libraries are to be
> linked against by threaded programs, and shouldn't have any
> substantial impact on non-threaded applications.  As it stands libc5
> is already compiled this way, and I believe the X packages will soon
> follow suit.

As the person who packages LinuxThreads, it should be obvious I'm
pretty much in favor of this, but I would like to know if you have any
numbers re: your statement that it shouldn't have any substantial
impact on non-threaded applications?

More curious than anything else,

Mike.