Re: FTP access to master.debian.org

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Bart Schuller:
> The *right* way to do it is to generate a personal key-pair *with* a
> passphrase and then read the manpages for ssh-agent and ssh-add.

This works wonderfully as long as you're logged in. It doesn't work
very well when you need to use scp from cron. In that situation,
you have to give up the passphrase and make *damn* certain no-one
will ever get a copy of ~/.ssh/identity.

For me, that's not a problem: the machine is physically secure, and
does not accept connections from the outside.