Re: Future Debian CD plans
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Shimon@i-Connect.Net, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Future Debian CD plans
- From: Winfried Truemper <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 21:08:57 +0100 (MET)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970118204854.7397Cfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <m0vlfOE-00IQnQC@golem.pixar.com>
On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:
> We would produce a new ISO image with each release. Nothing much about
> the project as it is today would change.
Just a technical issue: we should not distribute the actual image but the
scripts to procude these images featuring "mkisofs". And we could
already do this independently of the other plans - today.
Such a script should check the integrity of the archive from which the
CD is built and the "distributions" to be included (hey, there is still no
better term!). The rest is a matter of disk-space.
Producing a Debian CD seems a common problem for several users and I have
been asked several times about this. If our goal is to spread Debian
around the globe, it may be a good idea to make production of "own" CDs
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.