Re: Future Debian CD plans

On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> We would produce a new ISO image with each release. Nothing much about
> the project as it is today would change.

Just a technical issue: we should not distribute the actual image but the
scripts to procude these images featuring "mkisofs". And we could
already do this independently of the other plans - today.
Such a script should check the integrity of the archive from which the
CD is built and the "distributions" to be included (hey, there is still no
better term!). The rest is a matter of disk-space.

Producing a Debian CD seems a common problem for several users and I have
been asked several times about this. If our goal is to spread Debian
around the globe, it may be a good idea to make production of "own" CDs
easier.

-Winfried

--
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.