Re: Future Debian CD plans
- To: Winfried Truemper <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Shimon@i-Connect.Net, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Future Debian CD plans
- From: Martin Konold <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 21:43:10 +0100 (MET)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.94.970118213542.25046Cfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970118204854.7397Cemail@example.com>
On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Winfried Truemper wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:
> > We would produce a new ISO image with each release. Nothing much about
> > the project as it is today would change.
> Just a technical issue: we should not distribute the actual image but the
> scripts to procude these images featuring "mkisofs". And we could
> already do this independently of the other plans - today.
> Such a script should check the integrity of the archive from which the
> CD is built and the "distributions" to be included (hey, there is still no
> better term!). The rest is a matter of disk-space.
> Producing a Debian CD seems a common problem for several users and I have
> been asked several times about this. If our goal is to spread Debian
> around the globe, it may be a good idea to make production of "own" CDs
Good point! It is really a waste of disk space to have an extra ISO image
lying around. Providing an easy script for mkisofs is a good idea for
anyone planning to make a cd.
But still I am strongly against a split into official and non-official
// Martin Konold, Muenzgasse 7, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany //
// Email: firstname.lastname@example.org //
Oh, I've seen copies [of Linux Journal] around the
terminal room at The Labs."
(By Dennis Ritchie)
Just go ahead and write your own multitasking multiuser os !
Worked for me all the times.
-- Linus Torvalds --
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.