Re: Future Debian CD plans
- To: Winfried Truemper <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Martin Konold <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Shimon@i-Connect.Net, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Future Debian CD plans
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Bruce Perens)
- Date: Sat, 18 Jan 97 10:21 PST
- Message-id: <m0vlfOE-00IQnQC@golem.pixar.com>
- Reply-to: Bruce Perens <Bruce@Pixar.com>
From: Martin Konold <email@example.com>
> If anyone want to sell a "commercial" Debian based Distribution, they
> might do so.
We would not stop anyone from making a commercial product using Debian.
This is simply a strategy to make Debian look more legitimate in
commercial users eyes.
> By definition of the VERY strict Debian rules it seems that the proposed
> "official" Debian might only qualify for the non-free part of the
Actually, the official ISO image goes in the free section for use by
anyone. Only the cover and label artwork goes in the non-free section,
and you can't call your CD "official" without our permission, and we'd
raise a little money for the project. We would produce a new ISO image
with each release. Nothing much about the project as it is today would
Again, what I am trying to do here is make the _appearance_ of a
commercial product so that users can sell Debian for use within their
own organization. I'm not sure you understood my intent.
Bruce Perens K6BP Bruce@Pixar.com 510-215-3502
Finger bruce@master.Debian.org for PGP public key.
PGP fingerprint = 88 6A 15 D0 65 D4 A3 A6 1F 89 6A 76 95 24 87 B3
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com