Re: Future Debian CD plans
- To: Winfried Truemper <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Shimon@i-Connect.Net, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Future Debian CD plans
- From: Martin Konold <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 15:56:23 +0100 (MET)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.94.970118154953.23571Demail@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970118121929.23164Efirstname.lastname@example.org>
I do not like the separation of "official" versus "non-official" Debian.
If anyone want to sell a "commercial" Debian based Distribution, they
might do so.
There is no reason for the Debian Project to get involved in this
There is much to loose and nearly nothing to win.
Especially you have to consider that a commercial product may NOT change
every day. A stable produkt in the business world unfortunately means
Win 3.1 because it took years until a successor was intoduced on the
market. Stability has nothing to do with the quality of sw.
I strongly vote against an official Debian and a diverting the Debian CD's
into official and non-official.
By definition of the VERY strict Debian rules it seems that the proposed
"official" Debian might only qualify for the non-free part of the
+++ the KDE project mailing lists +++
kde-announce (Announcements) kde (general discussion)
kde-devel (Development issues) kde-look (look and feel issues)
To subscribe (unsubscribe), send mail to
[list]-email@example.com with empty subject line and
subscribe (unsubscribe) [your-email-address] in the message body
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com