Bug#6656: RFE of /etc/magic (patch included)
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#6656: RFE of /etc/magic (patch included)
- From: David Frey <david@eos>
- Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 19:34:31 +0100
- Message-id: <m0vlfbQ-000AHaC@eos>
- Reply-to: David Frey <david@eos>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Sat, 18 Jan 1997 02:39:01 +0100." <Pine.LNX.3.91.970118023430.4332C@odin.waw.com>
On Sat, Jan 18 1997 2:39 +0100 Vincent Renardias writes:
> ==> Add the following line to /etc/magic
> 0 belong 0xcafebabe Java ByteCode
> % file ImageNotFoundException.class
> ImageNotFoundException.class: Java ByteCode
I'd like to ask a favor for the file resp. /etc/magic maintainer:
I would be helpful if printable things would have `text' in it's description,
(runnable) binaries would have `executable' in it, and `data' for all the
other (dead) data files.
This would allow programs which use file(1) to examine the contents (most notably
printing filters) to unambiguously distinguish the contents.
# Add any locally observed files here. Remember:
# text if readable, executable if runnable binary, data if unreadable.
David Frey <firstname.lastname@example.org> |Microsoft isn't the answer...it's the QUESTION.
Schlieren, Switzerland |``No'' is the answer.
51F35923114FC8647D05FF173C61EFDE|Use Debian GNU/Linux!
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.