Proposal: dselect improvements

Greetings,

I think the addition of a menu at the [s]elect level of dselect could
greatly improve useability.  I have some ncurses code that gets accross
my idea.  Please take a look at
ftp://ftp.netaxs.com/people/cjf/debian/selectmenu.tgz.

Some of the issues selectmenu addresses are:
  - Configurable menu and help
  - Has provision for specifing "meta-packages"
  - Beginners can skip the BIG list of packages (but those who know
    its virtues can still use it)
  - Nice, simple UI

Since I'll be in Calcutta for three weeks, I won't be able to integrate
this into dselect myself (nor answer many questions).  Hopefully Ian or
some other ambitious volunteer will take up that task.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley            |    Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com, cjf@onit.net       |    UNIX SIG Leader at PACS