Re: Proposal: A config file for runlevels (DRAFT)

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Winfried Truemper:
> Try a risk comparism instead: how much more risk does the new scheme
> introduce? Answer: there is a marginally higher risk.

I think we must agree to disagree on this. IMHO, your system
introduces new risks and does not have much gain, and is
therefore not worth it. (Therefore I also won't argue about it
any more.)

> No, I didn't look at RedHat. Because they hide everything behind a GUI
> which is quite useless if you are logged in remotely.

X works over TCP/IP. A similar text mode tool could be written easily.

> I'm really concerned about the RedHat-hype I see in Debian-devel.

Co-operation is good for everyone. That doesn't prevent anyone
from coming up with new ideas.