Re: Where to put sound stuff in the menus?

> On Tue, 31 Dec 1996, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> > > The suggested layout of the menu doesn't have a place for
> > > music players / sound players.
>
> > It's extendable, you can add submenus whereve you like. Sound stuff
> > should probably go in /Apps/Sound.
>
> OK. Hope we don't get a complete mess of subdirectories...

Well, the reason I put a few example menuentries in the menu package
was to provide some sort of skeleton/example for other developpers
so that we at least don't have a lot of different paths to the
same things (like having both /Editors, /Apps/Editors, /Apps/Text/Editors,
...).
But Sound sounds like something new, and indeed deserves some discussion.
I think I'd agree with Joey about /Apps/Sound (We already have /Apps/Graphis),
and I don't think/hope it will result in a mess of sub-menus.

> > Personally, I bound /Apps/Games, /Apps/Net, etc to several buttons on
> > fvwmbuttons, so I don't have to navigate the whole menu system just to
> > launch a network program or a game.
>
> Hope it get's to the official distribution of *wm...

Difficult, as I don't think the menu package will be easily ported
to slackware/SunOs/whatever. But who knows?

--
joost witteveen
            joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl