Re: debian menus

> > ******************************
> > *** One problem still unsolved (icons).
> >
> > I need your help::
> >
> > Although in the menu-entries listed above I say that the icon
> > is simply the 4th entry on the line, surely this cannot be
> > true: For example xterm will never be sure of the presence of
> > _any_ bitmap on the system, and thus should always specify "none",
> > to be safe.
>
> I dislike your solution. Rather, if a package wants to provide an icon, I
> think it should include the icon file in the package and install the icon
> into some standard location.
Yeah, that would indeed be better (I knew you'd have better solutions
than I have). The only trouble is that this way all the packages
need to be modified to get the icons, but I agree that the
solution is better.

Still, we need somethign for the "submenu" icons (the way you
call it in pdmenu(1)). You have any thoughts about that?

--
joost witteveen
            joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl