Re: Miniscule Bug in ld.so Deb1.2: /usr/local/lib

slepnir@netcom.com writes:
> I noticed an error when installing binutils. It runs ldconfig during
> postinstallation and cannot find /usr/local/lib because it has not been
> created yet. Maybe ld.so could create /usr/local/lib during its
> postinstallation since its ld.so.conf points to this directory. Maybe you
> are already aware of this, but I figured I'd try and help out a little.

I wasn't aware of this.  It seems that /usr/local/lib was removed from
the base(-files) package somewhere along the line.  Either
/usr/local/lib should be removed from the default ld.so.conf in the
ldso package or the directory should be added back in the base-files
package.  Comments?

David