Re: Documentation formats

>>>>> "LW" == Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> writes:

    LW: For the moment, yes. Ultimately, Info will be installed only
    LW: by those who want to use Emacs, and the rest of us will
    LW: install only HTML.

    :: But this takes up ~ 10MB disk space and therefore my wish is to
    :: avoid "wasting" so much space.

    LW: 10 MB is not enough to make me worried about the transition
    LW: period.

$ dpkg -S .html | wc -l
     86
$ dpkg -S .html | fgrep .gz | wc -l
      4
$ du /usr/info
8086    /usr/info
$ df /usr
Filesystem         1024-blocks  Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/hda3             634724  483104   118835     80%   /usr

I'm afraid of these numbers.  I think there are people (at least me)
who don't want to waste MBs of their disk space for info pages
converted to HTML.

If info can be installed easily conditionally, I think it should be
easy to install HTML conditionally too.  So it would be nice if Debian
users could choose what they want:
- HTML only
- info only
- both HTML and info