Re: PGP signature?

On Sun, 22 Dec 1996, Daniel Stringfield wrote:

> On 22 Dec 1996, Kai Henningsen wrote:
>
> > > Not a bug! Not a bug!
> >
> > Do you seriously mean to say that Pine has an explicit option to include
> > just-received attachments in a reply?
> What this option does is "quotes that attachment" back.  This does have a
> useful purpose, but not ALWAYS.  This is not a function that is enabled by
> default.
>

> > And do you seriously mean that this is anything except a very stupid idea?
> IMO, its not a STUPID idea, but not something that is useful to very many
> people, if not but a one or two people at cac.washington.edu. :)
>
> Its one of those oddball features that SOMEONE needed.

Well, I _did_ post a reply to this list asuming responsability
for what happened, and I received a copy of that post, but
anyway, let me clear this up.  I sometimes need to run Win95, so
I have a dual boot config.  I run pine on both systems, so I have
the same interface.  However, there is no way to share a .pinerc
file or .addressbook ,etc. so I have local copies for each
system.  Some people withing this organization request that the
attachments be forwarded, returned on reply, etc. for various
reasons that are valid.  We do not all run on Linux systems here!
Some people have different mail systems altogether and need to
have attachments returned so they can process them without having
to have stored them, etc.

I had this option turned on in Win95 for this reason, but forgot
about it as I usually run Debian.  It was really just a stupid
mistake.  I make many more of them each day.  Once again I
apologize to the list and to Dan and to anyone else who got
confused or disturbed.

Incidentally, in pine, you can choose which options you want and
which you don't and I don't think there's anything stupid about
flexability.

Thanks

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com