Problems with TeX!

Hi,

There seem to be some serious problems with TeX.  I am trying to use
T1-encoding (common for international formats).

I made sure that  I had all the necessary packages installed.

First, I had to make some modifications on a file in the /usr/lib/texmf/web2c
directory.  It then turns out that it was trying to make 1200-point fonts
instead of 12-point fonts!  I found no way around this one automatically.  I
had to manually generate the necessary 12-point fonts before it would work.

I am curious -- will such a thing as ntex ever be packaged for Debian?

--
John Goerzen          | System administrator & owner, The Communications
Custom programming    | Centre and Complete Network (complete.org)