Zip drives

 I have placed the following entries into my /etc/fstab file:

8<----------------------------------------------------------------->8
/dev/sda1 /zip ext2 defaults,noauto,user,exec 0 1
/dev/sda4 /dzip msdos defaults,noauto,user 0 0
8<----------------------------------------------------------------->8

 Should a mount point for the zip drive perhaps be installed with the
base installation?

 Zip disks come from the factory with a DOS "filesystem" on partition
number 4, and most, if not all, DOS zip disks will be sd?4.  When I
convert a disk to ext2, I like to run fdisk on it to make it partition
1.  That makes it easy to be able to mount either /zip or /dzip like
this.

 It would also be nice if those directories are trimmed from the
'updatedb' find path as well.

 I am planning to try and put together a Debian 1.2 install package
using the Rescue/Boot and Base floppies and a couple of Zip disks.  I
think I will need to divide up the packages; I will look for a way to
put only the required and important packages on the first Zip disk,
and the rest on another...

 It will be great if somebody writes support for EPP and ECP!  It is
fairly slow as it stands, but I love it anyway.  It makes DEC SRC's
Lectern (virtual paper) practical.  I have all of the X and NTeX docs
on Zip floppy now. :-)  More to read than I'll do in a year.

--
   __ _                    Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg