wabi .deb package stuff...

I just installed Caldera's Wabi-2.2B-8.i386.rpm vial debmake's
"alien" command using the -g option and making a few changes.  I
needed to rename the package to be lowercase, so I also renamed
the directory it was built in.  The control file only needed a
description, but its section is currently unkown.  I figured
that's OK as this won't make it onto any mirrors ;-)

I created a preinst script to create the /opt stuff and license
file directories.  I also changed a few permissions to fit the
Policy manual a bit better.  The only addition I needed to make
was to add the license file into <package>/etc/flexlm/licenses.
There were a few complaints from running "debian/rules binary",
but nothing major (no config files in etc, and shlibdep output
parsing stuff).

I haven't been able to get it to recognize my floppy drive yet,
and it seems to mangle filenames (even legel DOS names), but I
haven't played with it much yet.   In any case anyone is
interested, I'll be happy to put a script together to build the
package from the rpm.  I realize that alien is intedned to do
that, but the Caldera package does not install the license which
is required.  They have a separate install script to do that.
They also have a separate package to handle installing /opt, but
I did it in a preinst script with no problems.  I'd also be happy
to post any part of what I have so far if there's any interest.

Thanks

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com
011-81-3-3437-7967 - Tokyo, Japan