Re: In defense of Suidmanager

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to this message on a mailing list ]

Christoph Lameter <clameter@waterf.org> writes:

> Sometimes I wonder if you read messages or just guess the contents.

Play nice, Christoph.

> Suidmanager is fully transparent. No package will ever depend on
> suidmanager since the scripts generated by debmake will check for the
> presence and just do it the normal way if there is no suidmanager
> installed.
>
> There is no "forcing" stuff on everyone.

That is good news, but it is not clear from your posts on this
subject.  In fact, you have said things that contradict that
statement.

Christoph Lameter wrote:

% I would like to have a suidmanager and every package that wants to
% install a suid binary needs to use a script provides by the
% suidmanager which can do site specific changes to the suid
% configuration.

Also, will the packages that use suidmanager build and debmake without
it's presence?

Dan

--
Daniel Quinlan (quinlan@pathname.com)   At work (quinlan@transmeta.com)