Re: In defense of Suidmanager

On 27 Nov 1996, Daniel Quinlan wrote:

quinlan >Christoph Lameter <clameter@waterf.org> writes:
quinlan >
quinlan >> Same with suidmanager in case you are using debmake. You can of course
quinlan >> bypass suidmanager and still do it the old way. Package maintainers dont
quinlan >> have to do anything different if they dont want to use suidmanager.
quinlan >
quinlan >I'm opposed to having this program forced on everyone by a small
quinlan >number of package maintainers.

Sometimes I wonder if you read messages or just guess the contents.

Suidmanager is fully transparent. No package will ever depend on
suidmanager since the scripts generated by debmake will check for the
presence and just do it the normal way if there is no suidmanager
installed.

There is no "forcing" stuff on everyone.

PGP Public Key  =  FB 9B 31 21 04 1E 3A 33  C7 62 2F C0 CD 81 CA B5