Re: Release

In your email to me, Bruce Perens, you wrote:
> > Rex will freeze again for 4 weeks (public "beta")
>
> You only need to "unfreeze" rex for an hour to change the X stuff.
>
> > Rex will release as "Debian 1.2" for February 1st.
>
> We can get it out much faster than this. I'm still thinking December.

PLEASE Please please don't delay 1.2 past 12/96. If that happens, Debian
is dead here at BNL. RH is strong here at the Lab because of the
constants releases (so I'm told). I know this is meaningless to
anyone else but me, but my personal feeling about the different
distributions (and I've tried just about all) is that Debian, despite
it's perceived problems, is the most solid. I'd hate to be forced
into switching our machines at BNL over to something else.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
	    "Camp food always tastes better in the dark!"