Re: sudo not suitable for multi-machine systems

On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, Ian Jackson wrote:

ian >Are you really saying that because you feel you are unable to do local
ian >customisation of the Debian systems you administer you must make the
ian >rest of the world conform to your ideas about how things should be set
ian >up ?

What I have saying all along is that group security is the basic UNIX
security scheme. If you abandon that then a lot of trouble is the result.
You might be able to handle that issue on a single system but if you scale
it you run into things that do not work anymore.

Right now Debian is forcing us to set up things a certain way and we
continually have to change it. The
suidmanager proposal hopefully clarifies that I dont think everyone must
conform to any scheme (which I often think Debian forces on
administrators)

PGP Public Key  =  FB 9B 31 21 04 1E 3A 33  C7 62 2F C0 CD 81 CA B5