Re: sudo not suitable for multi-machine systems

Christoph Lameter:
> I dont have one machine. I have a whole set here and the problem to
> administer them. I cannot worry about configuring each machine separately
> to simply have our system administrators perform network diagnostics. Each
> machine has different issues cannot use the same configfile on each
> machine.

Am I reading you right ?

Are you really saying that because you feel you are unable to do local
customisation of the Debian systems you administer you must make the
rest of the world conform to your ideas about how things should be set
up ?

Surely you must see that this is not a reasonable basis for the choice
of configuration of distribution software.

> The best would be if the stuff can be installed and then all in a certain
> group (accessible via NIS) have access to those priviledged commands. With
> the amount of new installation and upgrades going on here I cannot see
> another solution.

The best in _your_ environment.  Please try to think a little more
globally !

Ian.