Re: xaw3d+arrowscrollbars option

joost witteveen writes:

-> As there are about 24 references to ARROW_SCROLLBAR in the
-> source, I'm not going to turn the compile-time option into
-> a run-time option (I'm going to make too many errors while doing that),
-> so, the only other thing I could think of is splitting libXaw3d into
-> a non-ARROW_SCROLLBAR-dependant part (around 300k), and two
-> ARROW_SCROLLBAR dependant part (both around 12k), one compiled
-> with -DARROW_SCROLLBAR, and one without. Then, the user would be
-> able to do at any time he likes
-> to enable the arrow-scrollbars
->    cd /usr/X11R6/lib/Xaw3d
->    ln -sf libXaw3d-scroll-arr.so.6.1 libXaw3d-scroll.so
-> or to disable them
->    ln -sf libXaw3d-scroll.so.6.1     libXaw3d-scroll.so

This option sounds risky.  If you can ensure that you can do this and
it will not break Xaw3d as a drop-in replacement for Xaw, then I guess
I don't have a problem with it, although it sounds kludgy.  I guess
that I would prefer the completely separate libraries, although it is
a lot of space. :( Frankly I don't see a reall obvious good solution
here, although I would list not breaking Xaw3d as a drop-in for Xaw as
an absolute requirement for any solution.

Just my 2cents

-Larry

--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/