Re: default font problems with sharefont and freefont

    Christoph> It works (at least on my machine) if you list the
    Christoph> freefont and sharefont directories last. The problem I
    Christoph> have is that I cannot find an anchor for SED to put the
    Christoph> path in last.

IMO, there is no perfect way to automatically change site-wide
configuration on all systems.  There are systems which use XFree
servers, these come in 2 flavours -- running xfs and not running xfs,
there are also systerms runing commercial X-serverers which use
different way of specifying fontpath.  IMHO, the right thing to do(TM)
would be adding call to xset at the end of /etc/Xsession -- this would
work for all of the above systems as long as this file is being
executed/sourced by individual users.  The package should inform
sys-admin about the change, noting that it could be useful to change
system-wide fontpath configurations. Hope this is of some use,

Gleb