Re: Shadow password issues

 > > > Stephen E. - will you be able to recompile xbase to add
 > > > shadow support to xdm?
 > >
 > > Stephen hasn't answered for quite some time. I did upload
 > > a shadow-aware version of his xtrlock package. I remember
 > > someone else working on fixing the outstanding bug reports
 > > in X.

Sorry - I have been very busy recently, and have only been
skim-reading debian-devel.

 > I do not think we should do a major recompile of the old X stuff.
 > XFree86 3.2 offers a lot of new functionality, much better
 > programs for Server setup and has a lot of bugs fixed.

XFree86 3.2 has not yet been released, has it? I'm sure I would have
spotted the announcement.

If it has, please let me know.

 > I know that a move towards 3.2 will probably make a lot of work, as
 > several things changed. If we decide to use 3.2 for the next release
 > (as I think we should), it will mean the release will be at least two or
 > three weeks later than it would be without the new X stuff.
 >
 > Furthermore I do not know whether Stephen currently has the time to do
 > this work.

Once XFree86 3.2 is released I will spend a weekend Debianising it and
fixing the outstanding bugs with the X packages.

Steve Early