Re: About bug 1118 (fortune setuid)

Lars Wirzenius:

> The bug system records suggestions that fortune should be setgid games
> instead, or that the cookie files be made world readable.
>
> I'd prefer the latter solution, since I don't see any reason
> to hide the cookie files. Does anyone object if I change the
> fortune package to do this? I could convert it to the new source
> format as well, at the same time. If really pressed and David
> Silber wants me to, I could take over the package.

Before doing this I'd suggest that we have a look at fortune-mod,
as this has a lot of improvements to Dbian's fortune package.

Lots of additional fortunes, better structured, even spell-checked.
The only addition Debian fortune has is the "cookie" collection of
fortunes by Karl Lehenbauer. But this can be easily incorporated into
the fotune-mod source tree.

fortune-mod is available from sunsit in the games subdirectory.
If noone else wants to do this, I could take this package.

	Helmut