Re: Shared libraries in packages. How?

Hakan Ardo wrote:
:
: Hi,
: I have recently made the package compface (can be found in unstabe) containg
: the shared library libcompface. Now I am trying to make a package xfaces that
: uses this library. But I can't get dpkg-shlibdeps working. This is what is
: says:
:
: # dpkg-shlibdeps xfaces
: dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unknown output from ldd on `xfaces': ` libcompface.so => /usr/lib/libcompface.so'
: dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libXpm (soname 4, path /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4.7, dependency field Depends)
: dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libm (soname 5, path /lib/libm.so.5.0.5, dependency field Depends)
:
: What's wrong with my compafe package, and to which packages does the other
: libs belong, and why can't dpkg-shlibdeps find them?

For the first warning:

Does your compface package provide a compface.shlibs file?
Is the version of dpkg >= 1.4.0?

For the latter two warnings:

Add a file shlibs.local into your debian/ directory and mention libm,
libXpm their (as long as you don't have a more recent version of the
file /etc/dpkg/shlibs.default and as long as the xpm package doesn't
provide its own xpm.shlibs file).

Hope that's the right answer.

    Heiko
--
email : heiko@lotte.sax.de heiko@debian.org heiko@sax.de
pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92