Re: Shared libraries in packages. How?

Hi,
Thank you all for your awnsers, they have helped a lot, but I still can't get
my own compface package working correctly.

> Hakan Ardo wrote:
> : What's wrong with my compafe package, and to which packages does the other
> : libs belong, and why can't dpkg-shlibdeps find them?
>
> For the first warning:
>
> Does your compface package provide a compface.shlibs file?

Well, I have now added such a file (in version 89.11.11-3). But
I still get that first waring, and no compface in the dependency field.

> Is the version of dpkg >= 1.4.0?

I have updated to dpkg 1.4.0.1, but the result is the same.

> For the latter two warnings:
>
> Add a file shlibs.local into your debian/ directory and mention libm,
> libXpm their (as long as you don't have a more recent version of the
> file /etc/dpkg/shlibs.default and as long as the xpm package doesn't
> provide its own xpm.shlibs file).

That worked fine, thanx! Now I only have one problem left:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unknown output from ldd on `xfaces': ` libcompface.so => /usr/lib/libcompface.so'