Re: Shared libraries in packages. How?

On Mon, 30 Sep 1996, Hakan Ardo wrote:

> Hi,
> I have recently made the package compface (can be found in unstabe) containg
> the shared library libcompface. Now I am trying to make a package xfaces that
> uses this library. But I can't get dpkg-shlibdeps working. This is what is
> says:

You need to do two things:

compface should have a DEBIAN/shlibs file.  See programmer's manual
2.2.  This file then gets copied into /var/lib/dpkg/info/compface.shlibs.

Since not all shared lib packages provide shlibs files yet, you'll need
a debian/shlibs.local file in xfaces to get the dependency on libXpm.

Don't worry about libm.  It's covered by libc.  The
/etc/dpkg/shlibs.override file is just to bootstrap the other
libraries.

Guy