Re: proposal: pseudo source packages

On Mon, 30 Sep 1996, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:

> Imagine a real source package where the maintainer made a mistake
> packing the .orig.tar.gz.   Unce uploaded there's no way to notify
> others about a new packed .orig.tar.gz (unless check all your already
> downloaded sources agains the md5sums recorded in the .dsc files)

That hopefully won't happen very often.  One solution would be to just
fudge the upstream version a bit.  For example if the upstream is
1.2.3, and you're on revision 4 when you realized you goofed on the
orig.tar.gz, you could release 1.2.3.1-5.

You should get a decision from Ian before doing this, however.  I don't
see a problem with it, other than the above possible wart.

Guy