Re: dpkg changes and queries - the answers to your questions

Dale Scheetz wrote:
:
: On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
: > Dale Scheetz wrote:
: > : On Mon, 23 Sep 1996, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
: > : >         withecho $rootcommand "debian/rules clean"
: > : > If I did no mistakes it worked for me.
: > : When I installed Michael's "quote patch" the next time I tried to run
: > : dpkg-buildpackage I got was informed that debian/rules did not exist.
: > : Removing the quotes got it working again.
: > Near the start of dpkg-buildpackage there's a line
: >         rootcommand=''
: > change it to
: >         rootcommand='eval'
: > and put in Michels quoting.
: > This _should_ work.
: I can certainly do this. The question is: What purpose is served by the
: quotes? It works fine for me without them.

Have you ever tried

        dpkg-buildpackage -r'su root -c'

?? (Ok, Michael hasn't read the manual (like me) and tried it.  The
manual says, the root command must not contains any white space ...

    Heiko
--
email : heiko@lotte.sax.de heiko@debian.org heiko@sax.de
pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92