Re: dpkg changes and queries - the answers to your questions

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:

> Have you ever tried
>
>         dpkg-buildpackage -r'su root -c'
>
> ?? (Ok, Michael hasn't read the manual (like me) and tried it.  The
> manual says, the root command must not contains any white space ...

Nope, I haven't. (I su to root before I do the build)

I remember the manual implied that the "set root"  option should contain
the name of a program/script that would perform the 'su root -c' or
whatever method was chosen, so, I guess I agree with Ian that the "quote
patch" should not be used.

Thanks,

Dwarf