ae as default editor?

Good morning folks,

Why is ae the default editor for vipw/vigr even on a completely
installed system?

Doesn't VI-gr/pw suggest that a VI clone is executed?  I can
understand to use ae as a fallback editor, but not as the main one

# dpkg -l passwd
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name            Version        Description
ii  passwd          1.0-5          Change password data.

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/  Ich glaube nur der Statistik, die ich selbst gefälscht habe! /