Re: uploaded dvi2tty_5.1-6_i386.deb to chiark

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Erick Branderhorst wrote:

> > David Engel writes:
> > > Can you suggest a good introductory document for setting up and using
> > > pgp?
> I don't want to reinvent the wheel, please provide a step to step approach
> on what should be done. Or it is it far more complicated?

(1) install the pgp package
(2) generate a public/secret key pair by typing
      pgp -kg
    and answering the questions. be prepared to write some
    arbitrary text when it's asked for. pgp generates it's
    true random numbers by measuring the intervalls between
    your keystrokes.

two comments:
- if you want to protect your privacy you should read /usr/doc/pgp
  very carefully. this is the best introductory document on pgp
  i know of.
- to sign your .changes file just relax and let dchanges do the job.
  (by omitting the -p switch).

my $0.02
jjm

--
Juergen Menden                   | Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by me,
tel:    +49 (89) 289 - 22387     +-----------+ are (usually) not the opinions

Hi! I'm a .signature virus!  Add me to your .signature and join in the fun!