Re: Binary-only packages

Bruce Perens writes:
> We don't control what is on CDs, the CD manufacturer does. There is no
> reason to leave contrib off of a CD, I guess.

Then I see no problem in moving xforms there. Shall I create a new package
or do we just move it? Also do I have to add 'Section: contrib' to the
control file, or does it remain 'Section: x11' with a contrib entry in teh
changes file?

> I don't think that's a problem. IF xforms is available only as a binary

Good.

> and it's useful, consider taking some time to create a GPL clone of it.

Good joke, Bruce. :-)

The static library is 450K. Where shall I take the time to write this?
Besides I don't have enough knowledge to do that anyway.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____
meskes@informatik.rwth-aachen.de |   / ___// ____/ // / / __ \___  __________