Re: Binary-only packages

> Is contrib on CDs, too?

We don't control what is on CDs, the CD manufacturer does. There is no
reason to leave contrib off of a CD, I guess.

> My personal problem is LyX, a fine program under GPL. But it requieres
> xforms which is available only as binary. Does this create any problem, if
> xforms is put in contrib?

I don't think that's a problem. IF xforms is available only as a binary
and it's useful, consider taking some time to create a GPL clone of it.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Pixar's Toy Story: Over 1/3 Billion dollars world box office so far.

Bruce Perens AB6YM          Bruce@Pixar.com            http://www.hams.com/