Re: Binary-only packages

Bruce:
> We can't give the user any means to assure that binary-only packages are
> free of trojan-horses...

Sven:
> Even though we cannot guarantee the absence of trojan-horses anyway
> this is a good point.

Notice that I said "give the user any means to assure", not "guarantee".
Given the source, the user has some means of assuring that there are
no trojan horses.

> However when this contrib rule superseedes the non-free rule,
> programmes that aren't freely redistributable may appear in contrib
> because they are binary-only.

Oh yes, I no doubt confused someone. Let me make that more clear.

FREELY-REDISTRIBUTABLE SOFTWARE that is in binary-only form goes in CONTRIB.
If it's not freely-redistributable, it goes in non-free.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Pixar's Toy Story: Over 1/3 Billion dollars world box office so far.

Bruce Perens AB6YM          Bruce@Pixar.com            http://www.hams.com/