pine doesn't handle pgp signed messages (was Re: New uploads)

not quite a bug report...

On Wed, 15 May 1996, Michael Meskes wrote:

anyone know how I can get pine to display these messages.

All i get is

  [Part 1, Application/X-PGP-MESSAGE  4.7KB]
  [Can not display this part. Use the "V" command to save in a file]

and i have to press V and pipe the attachment into cat to be able to see
them.  This is annoying.  Doesn't give me authetication, but at least i
can see the message.  I'd like to have it work properly. elm can handle
pgp, pine should be able to too.

I've played around with /etc/mime.types, but pine seems to want to use
/etc/mailcap instead (according to the man page).  I made mailcap a
symlink to mime.types and added "application/x-pgp-message pgp -d" to
mime.types, but still no joy.

metamail and mime is something i keep on pushing into the "one of these
days i'll get around to figuring it all out but in the meantime i have
other stuff to do" basket.  Any clues gratefully received.

note, i don't want to use elm, even though it does handle these messages
correctly. pine serves my needs much better by allowing me to have
multiple incoming folders for my mailing lists.  At the moment, I have
to use pine for normal mail, and elm if i want to use pgp.  Not good.  I
want ONE mail reader for all my mail.

Maybe i should file a bug report against pine saying that it doesn't
handle PGP in it's default configuration.  I think that's a bug :-)

Craig