Re: http daemon suggestion/proposal

On Wed, 15 May 1996 Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca wrote:

> Chris> No one else does it this way.  Please, let's not be non-standard
> Chris> when there is no compelling "right" way to do it.  Everyone's ideas
> Chris> /could/ be right, but unless you want to go through FSSTND to get
> Chris> /var accepted as the standard location, let's use what others' are
> Chris> using.
> That argument is nonsense.
> What's wrong is wrong, whether someone does it to or not.

thanks for saving me the trouble of saying that :-)

Also, just about everyone DOES use /usr/lib/cern-httpd, or
/usr/local/lib/cern-httpd.  I don't use apache (yet - i will when i find
another proxy cache to replace cern) but i guess that it should also use

following the same structure in /var is a natural, self-evident

actually, maybe it should be generalised to: /usr/lib/httpd/{cern,apache}
etc.  I think someone might have suggested something like this a few
messages back...