Re: Inclusion of kernel version in kernel package names: A followup

Hi,
>>"CH" == Christian Hudon <chrish@libertel.montreal.qc.ca> writes:
CH> On Tue, 14 May 1996, Ian Jackson wrote:
IJ> I don't think that using dpkg's dependency mechanisms is appropriate
IJ> here, because people are always compiling their own kernels.

CH> I second that... Please think about bleeding-edge people. I have
CH> chrish@pianocktail:[~] >uname -a
CH> Linux pianocktail 1.99.2 #17-pre-2.0 Sun May 12 23:56:10 EDT 1996 i586
CH> compiled, but the Debian kernel package I have installed is image-1.2.13.

	I'm a bleeding edge person too, I just prefer to build an
 image package and install that, so that I get the advantages of
 dpkg. I could unbundle the support scripts in the package database,
 if people wish to build their own private image packages.

	manoj
--
"Evolution is what it is.  The upper classes have always died out;
it's one of the most charming things about them."  -- Germaine Greer