Re: Incoming directory status

On Thu, 9 May 1996, Christian Hudon wrote:

> I've got a termcap-compat package just about done. If people agree, I'd
> upload it to master...

I'm not sure if it's emacs or ncurses, but one of them is extremely
picky about the /etc/termcap file.  I assume this file will be included
in your termcap-compat package.  For example, they dislike slashes (/)
in the terminal names.

Could you be sure that emacs gdb and shell commands work with your
termcap-compat package installed?

> (At the risk of repeating myself...) To the Xemacs maintainer: Please make
> sure the xemacs pacakge can be installed alongside the emacs
> package... Currently it's got /usr/bin/ctags and friends, which will cause
> conflicts with emacs if nothing special is done.

>From bug 2714, the files are etags.1, ctags.1, etags, ctags,
emacsclient, b2m, rcs-checkin.

I suspect xemacs will work with the emacs versions, but removing them
from xemacs is no solution; xemacs would then depend on emacs.  On the
assumption that the files in question are identical, we could remove
them from both packages and put them in a third.  I compiled emacs
19.30.  I'd be happy to repackage it if someone could suggest a more
elegant solution.