Re: Incoming directory status

On Thu, 9 May 1996, David Engel wrote:

> Hopefully, the mailing lists are back up and this will get through.
[snip]
> slrn                  No .changes file.
> libtermcap
> apsfilter

Talking about libtermcap... Since 1.1 won't support tercap, wouldn't a
termcap-compat package (that includes /etc/termcap) be more appropriate?

Doing dpkg -S /etc/termcap on my almost-1.1 system answers back
nothing... So it looks like libtermcap alone will be kinda useless to
people doing a fresh 1.1 install.

I've got a termcap-compat package just about done. If people agree, I'd
upload it to master...

> xemacs                No .diff.gz nor -el*.deb files.

(At the risk of repeating myself...) To the Xemacs maintainer: Please make
sure the xemacs pacakge can be installed alongside the emacs
package... Currently it's got /usr/bin/ctags and friends, which will cause
conflicts with emacs if nothing special is done.

Also, looking at the .deb file in HOLD, it looks like xemacs is still a.out
It "DEPENDS: xlibraries, xpm". And while I'm here picking nits, the
description could be improved. Currently, it's:

(Yep, that all on one line.)

    Christian