Re^2: problem with man?

Hallo Susan, Hallo Rob,

Susan> I don't have whatis pages either.  Instead, I have index.db pages.
Susan> They are located in /usr/man and /var/catman and /var/catman/X11R6.
Susan> index.db is built using some database routine, so one possibility is

By mandb to be exact.

Susan> or just check whether your /etc/manpath.config has this line in it:
Susan>    MANDB_MAP       /usr/X11R6/man          /var/catman/X11R6

That's it: as long as the paths don't correspond in /etc/manpath.config with
the real paths you'll get a warning.

David
--
David Frey <david@eos.lugs.ch>|Microsoft isn't the answer...it's the QUESTION.
Schlieren, Switzerland        |``No'' is the answer.