Re: libc headers issue

> What in simple terms does all this mean to me

It means that the headers in /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm do not
match the kernel you are running. They instead match the kernel that the
C library was built for. The only time this is a problem is if you are building
a user-mode tool that relies on a kernel interface that has recently changed
and you are running a C library that is behind the version of your kernel.
In this case you must add -I/usr/src/linux/include to your command line when
building it. Another recent problem was caused by "accessories" to the kernel
not building correctly - "make menuconfig" in /usr/src/linux was the one
that hit me. This seems to have gone away.

Anyway, I withdrew my objection, so it's going to stay the way it is now.

	Bruce
--
"Excusing bad programming is a shooting offense, no matter _what_ the